Have your friends or loved ones suggested for you to chill out or relax? If our first podcast episode with Hope Arnold, about excessive self-control, leaves you wondering how to help with this biologically-based personality trait, then keep listening! Join Debbie for another engaging discussion with Hope Arnold, senior clinician and trainer in Radically Open Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (RO DBT), for evidence-based strategies on how to work with “over controlling” biology in the service of loosening up a bit, more fulfilling relationships, and gaining the capacity to just chill!
Listen and Learn:
· Why eyebrows are important and too much Botox might be a problem.
· The benefits of being “ordinary,” being wrong, and seeing what hard experiences can teach us about ourselves.
· How our threat and safety systems play into overcontrol and treatment
· The importance of “social signaling”
· How “Radical Openness” differs from “Radical Acceptance”
Thank you for joining us on this episode of Psychologists Off The Clock. We appreciate your feedback. Please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts. It helps us spread the word to more folks like you!