In Brave New Medicine: A Doctor’s Unconventional Path to Healing Her Autoimmune Illness Dr. Cynthia Li, an internal medicine physician by training, writes about how her world came crashing down after developing an autoimmune thyroid condition and how she had to journey beyond what Western medicine has to offer to truly heal. Join Diana for a fascinating and important discussion with Dr. Li about functional medicine, a client-centered, science-based approach to looking at and treating the root cause of chronic imbalances in our body.
Listen and Learn:
· How functional medicine differs from both Western and Integrative medicine
· What are the five main causes of chronic imbalance according to Functional Medicine
· Tips on specific classes of foods that promote optimal wellness
· How healing emotional wounds impacts physical healing
· Suggestions for detoxifying your house, re-inhabiting your body, and more!
Thank you for joining us on this episode of Psychologists Off The Clock. We appreciate your feedback. Please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts. It helps us spread the word to more folks like you!