Whether you are planning a holiday dinner, a work conference, or a group therapy session, how you design your gathering has a big impact on its outcome. In this episode, Diana and Debbie use the book The Art of Gathering by Priya Parker to explore strategies to make your groups transformative. Grab a slice of pie, some people you love, and enjoy an episode all about meeting with purpose!
Listen and Learn:
– How to use purpose to design your next party, meeting, or friends’ weekend away
– Examples of successful gatherings that Diana and Debbie have designed and attended
– What group therapy teaches us about designing effective meetings
– Why Debbie is practicing “scruffy hospitality” and why Diana likes to visit her purse at parties
– Ideas to make your Thanksgiving, Winter Holiday or New Year’s celebration impactful
With the help of this episode, we hope you gather well this holiday season, and beyond!
Thank you for joining us on this episode of Psychologists Off The Clock. We appreciate your feedback. Please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts. It helps us spread the word to more folks like you!
Sponsor: Praxis Continuing Education
Portland, OR | February 20-23, 2020; up to 32 CE/CME credits available
Sign up with a friend to save 20% off professional registration price!