The holiday season means joy and connection, but it also means an onslaught of stressors. It can be helpful to think about how to manage the challenges more effectively, as well as enhance the positive elements of what the holidays bring. Many of our previous episodes can help us do just that! In this episode, we point you to previous episodes that can help you navigate the holidays.
Episodes to help you manage the stressors:
· For managing the stressors of political debates, check out Episode 51: The Psychology of Political Division
· To deal with difficult family members who fail to ask you about your life, listen to Episode 98: On Narcissism with Avigail Lev and Robyn Walser
· To manage the challenges of drinking problems often exacerbated during the holidays, check out Episode 101: The Complete Family Guide to Addiction with Thomas Harrison and Hilary Connery
· For those of us struggling with loss at this time of year, listen to Episode 117: Bearing Unbearable Loss with Joanne Cacciatore
· Take a soothing rhythm break with Episode 89: A Gift For You: Soothing Rhythm Breathing
Episodes to enhance the positive elements of the holidays:
· Build your resilience and self-kindness with tips from Episode 75: Mindful Self-Compassion with Christopher Germer
· To prepare for success with keeping New Year’s resolutions (you can do it!), listen to
· To remind ourselves of strategies to get some peace within the busyness, listen to
Thank you for your support in 2019! We can’t wait to dive into a new year full of ideas for living meaningful, rich lives. Happy holidays from us at Psychologists off the Clock!
Thank you for joining us on this episode of Psychologists Off The Clock. We appreciate your feedback. Please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts. It helps us spread the word to more folks like you!
Subscribe for free wherever you listen to podcasts!