7. Insomnia: Strategies to Stop Struggling with Sleep with Dr. Alisha Brosse
Do You Struggle With Falling Asleep And Staying Asleep?
Are You Curious How Insomnia Develops?
Do You Wonder What You Should Do When You Wake In The Night?
If You Are Interested In Learning Evidence-Based Strategies That Work For Insomnia, Then This Episode Is For You!
In this episode, Dr. Diana Hill interviews Dr. Alisha Brosse, who co-authored the book End the Insomnia Struggle: A Step by Step Guide to Get to Sleep and Stay Asleep with Dr. Colleen Ehrnstrom. Dr. Brosse is a specialist in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia, which is considered the best treatment for chronic insomnia. Dr. Brosse is also the Associate Director of the Robert D. Sutherland Center for the Evaluation and Treatment of Bipolar Disorder, provides evidence-based treatment for a variety of mental health concerns and offers trainings for mental health professionals.
In this episode you will learn:
- How our attempts to control our sleep can have paradoxical effects
- Two behavioral approaches to insomnia that get your life back from tossing and turning
- Common thinking patterns that get in the way of us sleeping
- Why willingness and acceptance are key to ending our struggle with sleep