What Is Mindful Parenting?
Do You Want To Learn More Strategies And Rituals To Support Mindful Parenting?
What Does The Research Say About Mindful Parenting’s Effectiveness?
Join Us For A Practical And Theoretical Conversation About Parenting With Conscious Awareness.
There are diverse ways to be an effective parent. In this episode Dr. Rae Littlewood and Dr. Diana Hill discuss Parenting with Mindfulness and Awareness.
Dr. Littlewood explores 5 dimensions of Mindful Parenting:
- Listening with full attention
- Nonjudgmental acceptance of self and child
- Emotional awareness of self and child
- Self-regulation of the parenting relationship
- Compassion for self and child
Dr. Hill presents 5 practices to promote mindful parenting
- Approach your child as a sunset, not a math problem
- Move away from “Top Down Parenting” toward “Inside Out Parenting”
- Support peaceful conflict resolution
- Use a mindfulness bell in the home
- Guide your child in nighttime loving kindness meditation
Research Studies Discussed:
Resources to Explore: