11. Flourish in the New Year (Part 2)
Do You Want To Transform Your Health In The New Year?
Are You Longing For A More Meaningful, Engaged, And Connected Life?
Are You Ready To Move From Surviving To Thriving?
Then Join Us For Part 2 Of Our Two-Part Series On Flourishing!
Recently the field of psychology has been shifting away from medical models of pathology toward models of wellbeing. Positive psychology researcher Dr. Barbara Fredrickson defines "flourishing" as living "within an optimal range of human functioning, one that connotes goodness, growth, and resilience." In Part 2 of Flourishing, Drs. Diana Hill and Debbie Sorensen will continue with the last 4 principles of Flourishing:
4. Promote sleep
5. Generate self-compassion
6. Practice social connection over social comparison
7. Embodiment in the Present Moment
In this episode you will learn:
- What are telomeres and how can our behaviors and environment impact our cell aging?
- Why sleep is like a "dishwasher for our brains" and why does a good night's sleep start the moment you wake up?
- What strategies could you apply to promote a better night's sleep?
- What is self compassion and where can you learn more about it?
- Why Facebook may be making you depressed, and how to practice social connection over social comparison
- What is happening in our brains when our minds are wandering, and why is it a problem?
- Why practicing embodiment and present moment contact may be a necessary modern day antidote to our digital society
Resources to Explore: