26. Our Psychology on Nature
Do You Wonder Why Nature Is The Ultimate Multivitamin?
Are You Curious How Nature Impacts Your Cognition, Mood, And Eye Health?
Do You Want To Upgrade Your Walking Experience From "blah" To "awe"?
Then Join Diana And Debbie In This Experiential Walk Through The Psychology Of Nature!
As media and technology increasingly dominate our lives, we are spending less time in nature. This lifestyle change may be impacting not only are well being and physical health but also our cognitive abilities. Take a walk with Drs. Diana Hill and Debbie Sorensen while listening to this episode investigating 6 benefits of nature on your wellbeing, how ecotherapy is integrated in Eastern medicine, and Diana's top 10 strategies to get more nature today!
Before you head out, take the Positive and Negative Affect Schedule to score your mood. Take it again when you return and learn how nature impacts you!
- Take the Positive and Negative Affect Schedule
- Explore research studies documenting how nature reduces stress here and here.
- Explore research on the neuroscience of nature and on why you should request a window if you are in the hospital
- Explore research on cognitive benefits of immersing yourself in nature and how movement is easier when in nature
- Poem "What We Knew" by Carol Elkins as listed on ACBS resources