Disability is an experience that millions of people have, and yet it is often overlooked in discussions related to diversity and inclusivity. Today Debbie talks with Dr. Erin Andrews, a rehab psychologist and advocate for disabilities rights, about:
· Why you should #SayTheWord Disability
· How our attitudes related to Disability can contribute to stigma and shame
· Disability culture, and models of Disability
· Disability issues related to parenting and children
· How we could do better, and why we need to!
Thank you for joining us on this episode of Psychologists Off The Clock. We appreciate your feedback. Please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts. It helps us spread the word to more folks like you!