Women of the world, are you stressed out and worried? Do you find yourself up fretting at 4 a.m.? If so, you’re not alone! In a culture where women are expected to look perfect, juggle relationships and career effortlessly, and “just deal” with the harsh realities of misogyny and gender inequities, is it any wonder we’re also twice as likely to be stressed out, overwhelmed, and anxious? Fortunately, there are real tools you can use now to build resilience in a difficult world, conquer your stress and frustrations, and live mightily.
In this episode, we talk with our mighty new co-host, Dr. Jill Stoddard, about her new book Be Mighty: A Woman’s Guide to Liberation from Anxiety, Worry & Stress Using Mindfulness and Acceptance. The book teaches you to respond more consciously to life’s daily triggers, discover what really matters to you, and connect with your most authentic self.
Listen and Learn:
- Some fun facts about our new co-host, Jill, and about her work!
- Why so many women and girls are stressed out and anxious these days
- About the difference between anxiety and stress
- Why we have anxiety and the upside of stress
- A unique approach, based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, for responding effectively to anxiety and stress
- How to respond effectively to your inner critic
- Ways women can support each other and work toward prevailing over systems of power