Many of us struggle in our relationship with food and weight. If we are going to have a chance at restructuring our relationship with food, it helps to understand the complex interactions at the individual and systemic levels. In this episode, Evelyn Tribole shares her expertise on intuitive eating, a non-diet approach to healing your relationship with your body and food.
Listen and Learn:
- 10 principles of intuitive eating
- How diet culture contributes to being disconnected from your body and loss of control over food
- Ways to cultivate your inner wisdom around eating
- How to rediscover your hunger and fullness cues
- Ways to get started on your intuitive eating journey today
- How to support intuitive eating in your kids
About Evelyn Tribole:
Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD is an award-winning registered dietitian, with a nutrition counseling practice in Newport Beach, California. She has written nine books including the bestsellers Healthy Homestyle Cooking and Intuitive Eating (co-author). Her newest book is the Intuitive Eating Workbook: Ten Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food. Evelyn was the nutrition expert for Good Morning America, appearing from 1994-’95 and was a national spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association for 6 years. She was a contributing editor for Shape magazine where her monthly column, Recipe Makeovers, appeared for 11 years. She is has appeared on hundreds of interviews, including CNN, Today Show, MSNBC, Fox News, USA Today, Wall St. Journal, and People magazine.
Evelyn qualified for the Olympic Trials in the first-ever women’s marathon in 1984. Although she no longer competes, Evelyn runs for fun and is an avid skier and hiker. She also enjoys surfing, kayaking, and white water rafting. Evelyn’s favorite food is chocolate when it can be savored slowly.
- Intuitiveeatingcommunity.org; a free peer-to-peer support group
- Intuitive Eating Training for Health Professionals
- @evelyntribole; Instagram
- Intuitive Eating, 4th Edition: A Revolutionary Anti-Diet Approach by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
- The Intuitive Eating Workbook: Ten Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
- Check out this great article and podcast on Decolonizing Beauty Standards
- Check out this article on the impact of weight stigma on health
Related Psychologists Off The Clock Episodes
Psychologists Off the Clock has had a number of experts on the show sharing their expertise in weight concerns, the neuroscience of eating, eating disorders, and movement. Check them out here!
- 67. The Hungry Brain: Outsmarting Instincts That Make Us Overeat With Dr. Stephan Guyenet
- 93. Effective Weight Loss with Dr. Evan Forman
- 36. Weight Loss Strategies From Acceptance And Commitment Therapy With Dr. Jason Lillis
- 129. Yoga for All and Body Kindness with Dr. Jennifer Webb
- 132. The Joy Of Movement With Dr. Kelly McGonigal
- 124. Nutritious Movement and Why it Matters with Katy Bowman, M.S.
- 128. ACT For Food Restriction And Anorexia With Dr. Rhonda Merwin
- 18. Appetite Awareness Training with Dr. Linda Craighead
- 31. DBT for Binge Eating with Dr. Debra Safer
Thank you for joining us on this episode of Psychologists Off The Clock.
Like what you’re hearing? Support us on Patreon.
We appreciate your feedback. Please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts. It helps us spread the word to more folks like you!
Subscribe for free where you listen to podcasts: Apple Podcasts,