Dr. Ilyse Dobrow DiMarco joins Yael for a conversation about how evidence-based psychology can help moms deal more effectively with stress. If you, too, have complicated feelings about being #grateful and/or wanting to sell your child to the highest bidder, join us for a conversation about managing the emotional challenges of parenthood.
Listen to discover:
- The normal range of maternal emotions
- How to recruit helpful support
- How to clarify your values as a parent
- Strategies for better self-care
About Dr. Ilyse Dobrow DiMarco
Ilyse is a clinical psychologist, Diplomate of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, and writer who specializes in treating stressed out moms using evidence-based approaches (when she isn’t busy being a stressed-out mom to her own two young boys). Ilyse’s writing has been featured in ScaryMommy, Motherwell, Motherly, PopSugar, and she hosts her own blog, drcbtmom.com. Ilyse is currently working on a book that explores mom stress and offers helpful guidance from the world of cognitive-behavioral therapy.
- Ilyse’s blog, Dr. CBT Mom
- Being a Toddler-Mom Can Cause Anxiety—But Here’s What You Can Do, by Ilyse Dobrow DiMarco
- Turns Out There Are Some Things We Can Control As Parents, by Ilyse Dobrow DiMarco
- Sometimes it Makes Sense Not to Give a F*ck, So I’m Learning to Chill Out, by Ilyse Dobrow DiMarco
Thank you for joining us on this episode of Psychologists Off The Clock.
Like what you’re hearing? Support us on Patreon.
We appreciate your feedback. Please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts. It helps us spread the word to more folks like you!
Please note the information on Psychologists Off The Clock is intended for informational purposes only. It should not be used as a substitute for psychological or medical care. If you are looking for professional help, visit our resources page for guidance on how to find a therapist. If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, call 9-1-1.