Join Yael for Part 2 of a truly transformative two-part series with Dr. Hanson about his latest book, Neurodharma: New Science, Ancient Wisdom, and Seven Practices of the Highest Happiness. Continue to explore what’s happening in the brains of individuals who have made it their life’s work to develop a more grounded, calm and contented sense of being and learn more concrete and accessible practices from Neurodharma to develop your own unshakable core.
Listen and Learn:
- How missing “the now” diminishes happiness
- The neurological basis for how mindfulness increases wellbeing
- Simple hacks to take things less seriously and amplify happiness
- Concrete practices for increased awe, gratitude, and transcendence
- Why play and exuberance help hardwire Neurodharma seven power practices
About Dr. Hanson:
Rick Hanson, Ph.D., is a psychologist, senior fellow at the UC Berkeley Greater Good Science Center, and the founder of The Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom. Dr. Hanson is also a meditation teacher and New York Times best-selling author of several books including his newest book, Neurodharma: New Science, Ancient Wisdom, and Seven Practices of the Highest Happiness. Dr. Hanson’s other books include Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength and Happiness; Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom; and Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm and Confidence.
Dr. Hanson has spent decades both researching and steeping himself in neuroscience, clinical psychology and contemplative practices and is deeply committed to teaching people scientifically-validated methods to help them take charge of changing their brains for the better, from the inside out. Dr. Hanson received a B.A. from UCLA and his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the Wright Institute.
- Neurodharma (affiliate link): Dr. Hanson’s 8-week online program in the practical science of a steady mind, kind heart and inner peace...SAVE $40: Promo Code: OFFTHECLOCK40
- The Foundations of Wellbeing (affiliate link): Dr. Hanson’s yearlong online program in positive neuroplasticity...SAVE $40: Promo Code: OFFTHECLOCK40
- Being Well Podcast with Dr. Rick Hanson and Forrest Hanson
- The Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom
- Neurodharma: New Science, Ancient Wisdom, and Seven Practices of the Highest Happiness, by Rick Hanson Ph.D.
- Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength and Happiness, by Rick Hanson Ph.D. with Forrest Hanson
- Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm and Confidence, by Rick Hanson PhD
- Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom, by Rick Hanson Ph.D. with Richard Mendius, MD
- Just One Thing: Developing a Buddha Brain One Simple Practice at a Time, by Rick Hanson Ph.D.
- Mother Nurture: A Mother’s Guide to Health in Body, Mind, and Intimate Relationships, by Rick Hanson Ph.D., Jan Hanson, and Ricki Pollycove, MD
- The Neurodharma of Love: Rewire Your Brain for Healthy Relationships, an audio CD by Rick Hanson Ph.D.
- Just One Thing, Dr. Hanson’s free online newsletter
Related Psychologists Off The Clock Episodes
Thank you for joining us on this episode of Psychologists Off The Clock.
Like what you’re hearing? Support us on Patreon.
We appreciate your feedback. Please take a moment to leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts. It helps us spread the word to more folks like you!
Please note the information on Psychologists Off The Clock is intended for informational purposes only. It should not be used as a substitute for psychological or medical care. If you are looking for professional help, visit our resources page for guidance on how to find a therapist. If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, call 9-1-1.