Do you set unrealistically high expectations for yourself and others? Are you goal-driven, always busy, and have a hard time relaxing? Do you avoid making mistakes? And when you do, do you dwell on them? If so, you may be a perfectionist. Underneath perfectionism is a desire for approval and to connect. Yet, perfectionists often find themselves disconnected from their values and fearing other’s judgment. In this episode, Diana interviews Sharon Martin, LCSW, an expert on perfectionism, about the underpinnings of perfectionism and CBT strategies to let go of your self-critic and find more balance.
Listen and Learn:
- the key signs of perfectionism
- how and why perfectionism develops
- the dark side of perfectionism
- strategies to unhook from and challenge perfectionism thinking
- CBT techniques to change perfectionistic patterns