April is Child Abuse Prevention month, and in this episode Debbie talks with Feather Berkower, a leading expert in sexual assault prevention. Feather has been on the podcast before (Episode 19: Keeping Children Safe from Sexual Abuse), and today we delve deeper into how to have uncomfortable conversations, with both adults and children, to promote sexual abuse prevention.
· How to talk to children about sex and body parts in an open, developmentally-appropriate way
· What to say to an adult whose behavior with your child makes you uncomfortable
· A leading expert’s opinion about sleepovers, play dates, and online safety
· The difference between normal sexual play between children and sexual abuse
· Ways to encouraging children to tell if abuse occurs, and how to talk to children after a disclosure of abuseRead More